- “Going forward”. Just what the heck does that mean? Is it the opposite of “going backwards”? Instead of saying:”I think the market is going to crash going forward”, why not try “I think the market is going to crash.”
- “Quite frankly”. I used to have a boss who would use this phrase every time just before he told a lie. It was a dead giveaway.
- “To be honest with you”. Gee…I am glad you have decided to be honest with me. Thanks. So what you don’t say this again, does it mean you are not being honest with me?
- “At the end of the day”. You really mean to say “finally”, right?
- “Uniquely qualified”. No one is really uniquely qualified to do anything.
- “Full service firm”. There is no such thing. No one firm can do everything. Not even Wal-Mart.
- “My friend”. Unless you have been living under a rock, I bet you heard this repeatedly during the last presidential election. Stop already! I am not your friend. You don’t even know me.
Let me know if you have more of these. I know you do. So post a comment!